Your library is collecting books to donate to prisoners! Please bring paperback books to the library from now until February 17th, and the library will donate them to people in prisons. Both fiction and nonfiction books of all reading levels are accepted, but no technical manuals or law books please. We can only accept paperbacks.
According to the Prison Literature Project, books in high demand are:
- dictionaries of all kinds (including ASL sign language); thesauruses, almanacs, GED test prep materials, and other paperback reference books
- how-to books: drawing, origami, chess, construction, gardening, etc.
- books on African-American, Latino, and Native American history and culture
- books on politics, sociology, psychology, philosophy, science, mathematics
- fiction by or about people of color
- classic literature (in English or Spanish)
- books on meditation, yoga, and bodyweight exercises